Blurry vision? Headaches? Irritation? Glasses update? Redness? These are common Saipan eye problems. Our state-of-the-art eye exam will find the solution to your problems.
Our 21 Point Eye Exam Evaluates:
- Your vision
- Computerized refraction check
- Customized refraction refinement
- The skin and structure around your eyes
- The size and reactivity of your pupils
- The movement of your eye muscles
- Your eyelids
- Your eyelashes
- Your conjunctiva, which can become red during infection, allergies or irritation
- Your tear film that coats the surface of the eye and which can cause dryness, irritation, burning and blurring
- The five layers of your cornea
- The front chamber of your eye
- Your iris, which can show signs of severe diabetic eye disease
- Your lens, for signs of cataracts
- Your eye pressure, as a screening for glaucoma
- Your vitreous – the jelly that fills the inside of your eye and that can be a cause of “floaters”
- Your optic nerve in 3D. The optic nerve contains 1.2 million nerve fibers and carries all visual information to your brain. It can be damaged in glaucoma and a variety of neurological problems.
- Your retina, which is that thin layer of nerves that coats the inside of your eye
- Your macula, which is that specialized part of the retina involved with your sharpest vision and that can show signs of degeneration with aging
- The blood vessels of your retina, which can be affected by medical conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure
- The periphery of your retina
At Marianas Eye Institute, it’s not just an eye exam. It’s a thorough medical evaluation of the health of your eyes that will give you confidence.
Common Reasons to Visit Us
With hundreds of patients visiting our Saipan eye clinic every month, we are experienced in treating the full range of eye problems. We treat everything from simple annoyances with vision or irritation, to complex surgical care. Here are just a few of the most common reasons so many people seek the expertise of our Saipan optometrist and ophthalmologist at Marianas Eye Institute.
- Blurred vision
- Minor or severe eye injuries
- Redness, irritation, stinging, or burning
- Diabetic eye care
- Express glasses
- Children’s learning disabilities
- Eye strain
- Driver’s license exams
- School eye exams
- Military vision exams
- Contact lens fitting and contact lens exam
- Pain around the eyes
- Growths or bumps on the eyes and eyelids
- Discharge and sticky eyelids
- Dry eye
- Crossed eyes
- Double vision
- Flashing lights
- Infections and pink-eye
- Swollen eyelids
- Eyelid rashes
If you don’t see your problem on this list, we can still help you. The above are just the most common reasons people come to Marianas Eye Institute. We take care of all kinds of uncommon problems also.
We are also a leading referral center, helping our colleagues in the fields of internal medicine, pediatrics, family practice, surgery and obstetrics to diagnose and treat a variety of complex systemic diseases that have ocular manifestations.